Today was a perfect celebration of our 'First Date-ivarsary'. We got to sleep in and then while I was at work Reed got a surprise ready for me! He knew that I'd been stressing out over the messy status of our apartment and decided to provide an act of service in the most meaningful way possible. When Mom asked if she could come over then I mentioned that she must think we live in a pig sty because she only ever sees our house messy and then Reed was like "but our house isn't messy" and I looked around and realized he had taken out the trash, done the laundry, put away clutter, and taken care of some handyman jobs around the house. What a husband!
Then Reed and I had our special date. We made pizza together (Reed's the best cheese grater ever!) and then watched our favorite TV shows. Survivor aired its pilot episode last night so we caught up on that and then watched Community. In order to make our pizza extra special, I placed a stay-fresh silicone packet on the pizza. We laugh about that because we accidentally left the packet on our First Date pizza and discovered it halfway through eating the delicious meal. Don't worry, we've never actually consumed silicone stay-fresh packets. haha
So, as always, our date was a wonderful success. I love Reed and the way that he makes every day feel like a special day. I'm so happy that he's my husband!
Happy Valentine's Day everybody! We love you!
PS. That is Reed's special copyrighted title on this post. Part of his "intellectual copyright". ;-)
I didn't see the silicone packet until you mentioned it. You made me laugh! :)
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed visiting with you both today! Happy First Date-ivarsary!