Flashback!
My sister is an awesome person. She's very smart, multi-talented, dedicated and loyal. I think she deserves every good thing in the world! This is the story of how this very deserving woman found true love. And, like any good story, Reed and I got to play a part in it. Yay!
 |
| Girls Camp! |
June of 2011: Meghan went to girls camp and was the camp nurse. While sitting around the campfire she chatted with a really nice lady who had lots of fun stories and a great sense of humor. The really nice lady mused that she would love to set her son, Mike, up with a really nice girl. I mentioned that I would love to set my sister, Leesa, up with a really nice man. We both got scheming glints in our eyes and planned our dramatic set-up. I mentioned the plan to Reed and he said he was friends with the man in question and definitely approves of the choice.
Ensuing months: We tried but never actually got them together. But the thought never left our minds. Reed asked Mike if he'd be interested in going on a double date with us and Leesa sometime and he said that it would be fun.
January, 2012: Leesa had scheduled a visit to town (she is a successful doctor in her residency at an Emergency Room) and Reed and I absolutely leapt at the opportunity. We checked Mike's schedule and then I approached Leesa and presented the plan. She would meet us at Reed's house and we would make pizzas on a double date. If it went badly then I had an escape plan and she would be able to depart gracefully with only a short bit of her life wasted. She agreed.
 |
| Delicious Pizza |
February 4, 2012: Leesa went shopping for a new outfit and Reed and I went shopping for pizza fixings. I don't know what Mike was doing but I am guessing it was something masculine like chopping trees or changing the oil in his truck. Leesa arrived at The House first. She looked beautiful and a little nervous. Blind dates are kinda scary! Then Mike arrived and he had a huge surprise....he had shaved his thick, winter skiing beard!!! We went to the kitchen where we prepared the pizzas. I felt so nervous and fretted that they hated each other or that things were going horribly. Reed smiled and assured me that things were going really well. I was too nervous to notice. We ate pizza and I made sure to eat like a pig so that everybody else would look more polite. Then we played Apples to Apples and had fun laughing at the results. Leesa and Mike, I realized, were actually flirting! Leesa hadn't indicated yet that she needed the escape plan so I figured I could relax a little bit. After the game we went to the living room where we watched skits from BYU's Divine Comedy YouTube channel. Laughter is a wonderful thing and it helps bond people together so I figured laughter was a must on the date. Things kept going and going and finally at midnight I had reached my curfew. So I said that the date was over and that I had to go home. So Mike and Leesa said goodbye (not before she hugged him and he got her phone number).
 |
| One of my Apples to Apples hands...unfortunate bunch! |
February 5, 2012: They went on their first solo date together. He asked her out and she said yes, of course.
 |
| Leesa and Mike and their parents |
A few months later: He asked her to marry him and she said yes. Of course!
Awwwww...that's such a sweet story! You and Reed are just little cupids :)
ReplyDeleteWe're just glad it worked! :-)
ReplyDeleteMe too : )
ReplyDelete