Sunday, February 3, 2013

'Breakfast Never Tasted This Good!'

Riddle me this: What looks like poop but tastes like a sparkling rainbow?  Nutella!  If you guessed the answer right then that means you've tasted the substance of deliciousness.  If you guessed the answer wrong then that means you're missing out on the substance of deliciousness.  ;-)

Doesn't Taste Like Poop
So, the other day I'm on the phone with a sister whose tastes in food I trust implicitly.  Side note: implicit means unquestioning or unreserved; absolute.  Anyway, said sister was munching away quite happily and through the phone I could sense her delight at whatever it was she was eating.  She says "sorry about my mouthful but I'm hungry and eating Nutella" and I laugh.  She goes on to explain that Nutella is delicious on everything and is really addicting.  "What?!?" my mind says. It looks gross to me.  But I promise to her that the next time I see a jar of Nutella in the store then I will buy it and try it. 


Me and the Trusted Sister

Saturday finds me wandering around the store trying to waste time while I'm waiting for Reed to finish his test . And lo and behold!  There was a shelf of Nutella!  As I stare in wonder at the little brown jars I remember my promise to the trusted sister.  And I buy a jar.  In the car I examine its label and read the words concerning "The original hazelnut spread".  As my readers are aware, I do not have much self control so I opened the jar and dipped my finger in. 

Oh what flavor rushed across my tastebuds!  Mmmm, yummy!  The texture is smooth and creamy while the taste is nutty yet chocolate-y!  I had to have more.  So I dipped my finger in again.  And again.  Then I texted my sister and said "Oh my GOSH!!!!  I am going to get sooooo fat on Nutella!  It is deeeelicious!  :-D". 

The moral of this story is that when my sister says to try something that you should probably listen to her and obey.  So far, I haven't regretted it!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. You polished off that jar really fast :) and I admit, it was tasty

    ReplyDelete