Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Kitty in a Basket

Kitty in a Basket
Sacagawea is my cat.  She was born to Pretty Kitty (affectionately known as P.K.) and some unknown male cat.  She's a combination of tabby and himalayan making her pretty much the prettiest cat ever.  Her brothers were Thomas Jefferson, Lewis, Clark, and Pomp.  (Catch a trend with the names?)  She was the runt and Pretty Kitty almost killed her by laying on top of her.  I rescued her from a horrible fate.  And thus started the days of hand feeding, carrying her around in my hoodie pockets, and bundling her up nice and warm in a basket and blanket.  We went everywhere together!  Saccy grew up into a hunter of amazing prowess and was known to bring dead animals into my room as a gift.  She would also deliver gifts to my brothers because she didn't like them....it was not uncommon for a poop or vomit blob to be found on their pillows.  Whenever anybody is sick she will sit on them for hours to comfort them.  There have been times when she was sick and I would lay next to her and help her in whatever way I could.  Now she is approaching her 16th birthday (correct me if I'm wrong...it's been known to happen occasionally. haha) and she is still the perfect cat.  She lives with my parents and defends her territory from the new cat named Pokey.  Good thing Saccy has claws and Pokey doesn't.  heehee  ;-)  She's the perfect pet!

Happy Saccy


1 comment:

  1. What a nice tribute to Saccy :) When she wakes up from her nap, I'll read it to her! And yes, she will be 16 in April. Yesterday I was coughing and she dutifully came and sat on my chest until I stopped. Maybe she was trying to suffocate me...luckily she's a lightweight not a heavyweight like Pokey :)

    ReplyDelete