It started like any other day. A 4am alarm. Bleary eyes staring into a computer screen researching Tay-Sachs Disease. Boredom. And then...Pinterest! Bright pictures and fabulous DIY projects stare back from the glowing screen. Deep inside there's a feeling of guilt at the distraction. Back to homework. And then...Facebook! Facebook stalking peeps is way more fun than genetics. Right? Guilt again. Back to homework. And the cycle repeats itself.
![]() |
| 'Fakebook' |
Now, something to remember is that Reed finds my Pinterest addiction quite humorous and while he enjoys the recipes and humorous memes that I find he likes to bring to my mind how awful life would be without that site and how easy it would be to do. He has been learning quite a bit about such things in his WGU courses. Darn school making him even smarter than ever. ;-) However, I don't think he ever thought I'd ask him to block my favorite websites!
![]() |
| 'Pin-turd-est' |
"You see," I proceed to explain, "I cannot be productive while that stuff is so handy. Get rid of it please!"
Right after he cleared his cereal bowl he sat down at his computer. Mere minutes later he says "oh no Meghan!" and I say "what?!" and he says "Facebook won't load on my computer! Try yours. *wink*". Well, I click on that Facebook link on my Hopali Homepage and it won't load! Neither will Pinterest! But somehow my online class page loads easily. My husband is a freaking genius!
![]() |
| My Super-Husband |
I proceeded to do homework and moaned loudly at consistent intervals at the lack of distraction. I never realized how utterly addicted I am to those dumb ol' websites! Granted, I still have access on our home computer but it's too much work to get on so I'll just check my peeps once a day so I don't miss out on important stuff. Now I have incentive to graduate....Pinterest!
I'm really truly glad that Reed was able to use his talents to help me with school. He's a fantastic man!
PS. I guess I should mention that I accomplished so much more homework than usual today. Instead of being distracted I just pulled up a different piece of research and kept going. *sigh* Now I'm more focused and productive. :-)



Now that is harsh! You have amazing self control! I need to do that with solitaire :)
ReplyDeleteOh solitaire...I love solitaire! :-) The sad thing is, if I actually had any self control then I wouldn't have been forced to ask Reed to block websites! haha
Delete