Sunday, January 22, 2012

Let It Snow

 In case you hadn't heard already....It SnOwEd!!!!  =D  We got eleventy-five inches (that's what Reed says) which translates to roughly eighteen inches.  haha  Sunday it started sprinkling down and then Monday and Tuesday we got 6 inches total.  Then on Wednesday night we got dumped on.  When we woke up we were sunk into all that snow!  Thursday night brought a deep freeze so driving to work was like driving on a skating rink. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday it's been raining and melting the snow away.  Now we've got power outages related to downed trees on power lines.  We're also expecting a huge amount of flooding. Reed and I were lucky and only had short power outages (24 hours-ish) compared to those around us (who are going on 5+ days). 

So the first picture here illustrates the weight of the snow and ice on the trees.  If you stopped and listened you could hear trees falling and branches cracking...very eery!  Reed watched a huge tree branch fall right where a car had been seconds earlier. The second picture gives you an idea of how deep the snow got.  That house is about two miles from my house.  Snow is so pretty!!!!

The first few days of the week I drove myself to work in my Honda Civic which went really quite well.  I say he (my car is a male named Vuong...I'll make a post about him soon) is secretly a four wheel drive because he was doing so much better than other trucks and cars.  Thursday got a little scary so Reed offered to drive me to work in his gigantic Dodge Ram truck....he's my snow angel!  He woke up at 4am Thursday and Friday so that I could get to work and take care of the crazy people who opted for elective surgery in this blizzard.  He's exhausted now but we both felt better about me being safe.  Now we're just hunkered down in front of the fireplace and enjoying movies and board games.  (Thanks Sondra for Ticket to Ride!)

So that's our big excitement for the week....tune in next week for more shenanigans!  (In case you missed the memo, I will always post on Sundays.  I may choose to post in the middle of the week too but Sunday is the day to check back for updates.  =) )

No comments:

Post a Comment