Saturday, March 31, 2012

Unicorns

My Magical Unicorn Mascot
Unicorns are awesome. They are pink and/or white horses with a huge sparkly horn coming out of their foreheads.  If it were me that had a huge horn coming out of my face then I'd be a pretty grumpy panda.  But unicorns seem to be the happiest of creatures!  They're also magical.  My brother and his wife gave me a card one year...it was a picture of a unicorn leaping through a meadow with a rainbow streaming out of its derriere.  The caption was (for a birthday greeting) "I hope your day is more beautiful than a unicorn farting rainbows".  My most favoritest memory regarding these magical mythical rainbow tooting creatures is the day I was at work in the hospital.  I was finishing a really bad week at work and didn't want to be there.  So I'm taking care of this really nice fellow and his wife and daughter were at the bedside.  Halfway through his long day of recovery where I plumped his pillows, helped him eat, brought warm packs, provided ice packs, explained his recovery, told jokes and stories, brought pain pills, listened sympathetically, etc. the family came back from the gift shop and presented me with the cutest pinkest unicorn I have EVER seen!  They told me that they picked a unicorn because it's magical and I am "magical nurse".  Well by golly!  Unicorns are my favorite animal now!  That experience made my day and reaffirmed to me two things. 

1.  Nursing was the best career choice I ever made. 
2.  The world is a magical place.

No comments:

Post a Comment