Thursday, September 13, 2012

Disneyland!!!!





Day 1: Travel - Pretty uneventful except for the 2 hour delay that turned into 4.5 hours.  When we got to Orange County Airport we met up with Aunt Emilie who took us to the American Legion clubhouse where we sat at the beach and chatted.  It's so hot here!  Emilie told us we're in the middle of a heat wave down here.  We went home and met Grandma Tujague (pronounced two-zhay) and Emilie's husband Terry.  We went to dinner together at Maggiano's which is an awesome italian restaurant that serves family style dinners.  Reed and I are huuuuuge italian food fans so we were quite yummified.  Then we met these two gigantic rottweilers that Emilie and Terry own...Balboa and Pistol.  They're gentle giants but very drooly. :-)
 
Day 2:  DISNEYLAND!!!!! - Aunt Emilie dropped us off at the Happiest Place on Earth at 8:00 am and we didn't leave until 8:30 pm.  Oh the adventures we had!  We went on every major attraction (except Indiana Jones, Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion which were closed) and some minor ones as well.  I even went on Splash Mountain which features a 50 foot plummet into water.  I screamed so loud!  I met Aurora, Cinderella and Snow White as well as the Fairy Godmother.  The Fairy Godmother is really good at her magic….all of my dreams came true the day Reed and I got married.  ;-)  Cinderella's my new favorite princess.  We ate all our meals at the park.  Expensive!  But totally delicious.  All of the food is really quality stuff so we ate chicken sandwiches and hamburgers for our meals.  At dusk they started the Soundsational Parade which was the most amazing parade I've ever seen.  The floats were HUGE and so detailed and the music was energetic and infectious.  The first float, featuring Minnie and a drum playing Mickey, stopped right in front of us and wouldn't go so they worked on it there for 15 minutes before they had to reroute the parade because the float wasn't going to budge.  I loved every minute of my Disneyland experience!  Tomorrow = California Adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment