I come from a family of people who do not drive trucks. Not for lack of love for trucks but because they are not fuel efficient and as poor struggling college students then it is not an economical decision for a first car. However, my mom always drove a bigger car (such as a 15 passenger Dodge Ram van or a Ford Windstar minivan) and she utilized the cargo space with frequent trips to Home Depot, hauling children to various places, etc. Then, one unfortunate day, the Windstar broke down and Mom and Dad no longer had access to a vehicle that could haul large loads.
Enter Reed. I married a handsome man who happens to drive a nice, big Dodge Ram pickup truck named Samson. Samson is a good, strong, and reliable truck and I think he's a very good addition to the family of Reed and Meghan Jacobsen. (Technically, I'm the addition to the family of Reed and Samson Jacobsen because I came after Samson...haha)
Last night, we received a call from my mom who needed access to Samson to haul some wood for a home improvement project. Samson just loves being called upon to help! He spent the night having dreams where he hauled impossibly large loads of lumber and cement while throngs of cars screamed his name in adoration. Just kidding....Samson's a man truck and he probably doesn't dream like that.
Anyway, the next morning we went to Home Depot and met up with my parents. Reed and Dad did their manly business and hemmed and hawed over which type of lumber would be the best for the project. Mom and I did our womanly business and kept watch over the cart while discussing the latest news. I also admired the miniature Home Depot aprons on the kids who had come to Home Depot's Kid Workshop. I want one! Reed said I should just go and do the workshop but I was too shy. ;-)
After the purchase was made, we went and loaded up the truck where Reed impressed my daddy with his knot-tying skills and admirable strength. My dad's knot-tying skills are also impressive and deserve mention. Once the cargo had been adequately secured (that load was not going to budge an inch!) we headed off down the road and that is when I proved my photography prowess and captured a rare photo of Samson in action. Enjoy!
You know, you really shouldn't be taking pictures while driving...along with texting...and talking on the cell phone...
ReplyDeleteYay for Samson! Thank you Reed and Meghan!
ReplyDeleteTerrific Trio, Meghan, Reed & Samson
ReplyDelete