Sunday, December 2, 2012

Evolution of the Best Laid Plans

The 1st day of December was Reed's day to plan our weekly date.  He originally planned a pizza lunch date at Izzy's.  We both love pizza and Izzy's has a delicious array of specialty pizzas.  Well, it just so happened that the 1st day of December was my co-workers baby shower at Olive Garden.  Uh-oh!  Here's the story of how our date plans evolved....

I went to the baby shower and ordered a gigantic meal so that I could bring half of it home as a peace offering to my poor hubby who had to reconcile himself with pizza disappointment.  I arrived at our house with mass amounts of lasagna and breadsticks and found Reed languishing in sorrow.  (Well, okay, he wasn't really languishing but he was napping.  haha)

Baby Shower
After we partook of the Olive Garden-y deliciousness we discussed the rest of our evening.  With a twinkle in his eye, Reed sorrowfully stated that he had the perfect date planned until I decided to go change things and not show up to our date.  With a twinkle in my eye, I begged his forgiveness and plead for a second chance at a date today!  We both laughed a lot and proceeded to make alternate plans.


                                                                             
Some of my co-workers
Reed having fun
So we hopped in the car and drove to Best Buy with the intent to buy a movie and watch it in the comfort of our own home.  We didn't really find anything at Best Buy so we headed to Target where we discovered a $5 movie called Planet 51. It has a star-studded cast and looked humorous.  However, it was risky because we hadn't heard or seen anything about it. The movie was actually really funny and cute with a premise that was unique.

On the way home I had asked Reed about his shotgun and so when we got home he showed me how to use it properly.  He is very knowledgeable about guns and gun safety which I definitely appreciate...one day the zombies will start taking over the world and we will be ready.  ;-) haha

 And that, dear reader, is how our date evolved from pizza at Izzy's to a movie night with shotgun education as a bonus round of fun.  Reed planned a great date!







No comments:

Post a Comment