Saturday, January 5, 2013

Maori Style Bowling

It was my turn to plan this week's date and I gave Reed options.  1)  Pizza and bowling or 2) Ice cream and mini-golf.  He chose the 1st option because it had pizza associated with it.  I may have known he would choose that one.  haha

The traditional shoe shot
Anyway, we were flipping through the weekly ads and found a '2 for 1' deal on bowling at Aztec Lanes (it's a place that puts the dark and creepy alley into bowling).  I figured with Reed by my side that we would leave the place alive.

We entered and found ourselves in a non-ghetto family oriented atmosphere of pleasantness!  They remodeled the place and got it fixed up so now only the outside of the building looks like a ghetto.  The man at the front did hold onto my debit card which made me nervous but Reed said he looked trustworthy so I trusted Reed on that.  We got our cute bowling shoes and went to Lane 1 where we bowled next to a really nice young couple.

The All-Blacks performing the Haka
The first game I won by one point and then Reed owned the second game.  I won the first game because I figured that I could intimidate Reed by dancing and singing the haka (a traditional Maori war dance).  I'm very intimidating ya know. Of course it didn't work so well on the second game.  haha  When we were done we payed up and went to get a Papa Murphy's Take-N-Bake pizza which I ended up sliiiightly overdoing it and we had crispy crust pepperoni pizza whilst watching episodes of Titus.

We had a good time and I'm secretly hoping that Reed will ask me out on another date soon.  ;-) 

1 comment:

  1. Great pic of you dancing the haka with the All-Blacks :)

    ReplyDelete