Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Driving In a Hurry
The other day I was headed home from work. I was feeling rushed because I had zero time to go home, get Reed and then head to Rochester for our afternoon of volunteering. I may or may not have gone slightly above the speed limit and may or may not have been passing many cars who were going too slow. As I'm coming up the hill to our house I'm in the right hand lane knowing that I had to get over to the left one lane in order to turn in to our house. I look ahead and decide that the black SUV ahead in the next lane is going slow enough that I can pass him but it will require me being rude and slightly cutting him off. I decide that it's okay. ;-) So then I pull up next to the SUV and peek in the window. Wouldn't ya know it, it's our landlord and church leader. I think to myself "well, pooooop! I can't cut him off and then turn into our house because he'll know it was me" and then I realized that it would be almost as obvious if I suddenly dropped behind him and then turned. So I chickened out. I turned off onto a side street on the right and doubled back so that I would avoid the awkwardness. hahaha Moral of the story: if you may or may not be going a few mph over the speed limit then Heavenly Father may or may not place an obstacle to your infractions. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
At least it wasn't a nice police officer watching you from a side street and pulling you over :)
ReplyDelete