Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Unexpected Shopping Spree

Around the time that we got married, we were given a gift card to JCPenney.  I told Reed that since I had spent so much of the wedding money on housewares that the JCP gift card was his to spend on whatever he wanted.  Reed appears to dislike shopping based on the flu-like symptoms he develops in department stores. 

Flash foward to present day.  On Monday Reed said "how about we go to JCPenney and spend that gift card?" and inside my excitement soared!  I played it cool though and we drove to the store.  When we entered the store I looked at Reed to see if he was diaphoretic or nauseated.  To my surprise he was quite calm and determined.  We picked out some clothes for him to try on and he did.  While he was shopping I continued to play it cool but I was secretly super excited and smiling to myself. 

As we were finishing up Reed looked at me and I smiled.  I must have looked too happy because he asked if I was really excited to be shopping and I declared joyfully "YES!!!!".  Our shopping trip was a success with him buying four shirts (they're so fun...one of them is even a Star Wars shirt), a pair of shorts, a belt, and a new pair of sports shoes.  We also dropped by Best Buy and got two of our favorite movies as a treat.  Reed made it out alive and has not been too traumatized.  I think. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment