Sunday, June 30, 2013

Reed is Awesome

He's winning the race!
Reed deserves a post that sings his praises.  :-)  A few years back (the year 2009 to be exact) he had an opportunity to participate in a gigantic bicycle race.  The MS Bike Race benefits research on multiple sclerosis and it is also a Jacobsen family tradition.  So Reed decided to do it!

Valley of Fire
He had to ride 167 miles through the scorching Las Vegas desert.  They rode along the freeway and into the Valley of Fire then looped back around to Las Vegas.  Reed and his dad took me on a drive along the route and I've got to admit that it was super grueling!  I'm amazed at what Reed was able to do!  He had very little time to train and only borrowed a bike for the race.  I think it shows his mental strength to be able to push on and endure the rigors of a 167 mile race.  Not everybody finishes that event but Reed did and I'm proud of him and appreciate the qualities he displayed.  Go Reed!!!  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment