Thursday, June 6, 2013

Zip-It

A while back I fixed our tub drain using Drano.  When I told my co-workers about it they protested that I was killing the environment and suggested all kinds of concoctions using items such as vinegar, baking soda, or the first lost tooth of your firstborn.  I mentioned I should just shave my head bald and then I would never have drain problems!  haha 

So last month I graduated and my co-workers were all very excited for me.  One of them, Nurse Williams, said "Meghan, I know just what present to get you".  I protested and said I didn't want her to get me anything but she got a twinkle in her eye and I knew she wouldn't listen. 

The other day I looked in my locker and there was a big golden wrapped package with my name on it.  I was befuzzled as to who it was from!  Then Nurse Williams came into the break room and asked if I had opened my present yet.  I opened it with her there and out fell a 'Zip-It'!  It's a device that unplugs your drains without chemicals or teeth of firstborns.  I was super excited and she laughed and gave me a hug. 

Today I showed it to Reed and he was like "ooh, I want to try it!".....

With all of our recent plumbing experiences we know that if my career as a nurse fails then at least I can always fall back on plumber-ing.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment