When I first started teaching the 5 year olds in October of 2012 I took on a very rambunctious bunch of kids. They were notorious for less than stellar behavior. So the first few weeks were spent establishing guidelines and routine and they started to improve. However they always complained that I never brought treats to class. So I worked out a reward system. I made reverence charts and every day that they were well behaved then I would put a sticker on the chart. When the chart was full of stickers then we would have a cupcake party where I would make their favorite cupcakes and deliver them to their houses.

On Sunday my kids finally made it! They are now the most well behaved kids in Primary and get compliments on how good they are. The other day, some of the younger kids were really out of control and my kids looked at me and said "Sister Jacobsen, they are not being very reverent!". It was nice to see that they are now focusing easily on being reverent.
Today I made six different kinds of cupcakes and assembled six little care packages with certificates for being Star Students. I cannot wait to deliver them! I'm so proud of my 6 year olds!
and I'm so proud of their teacher! How blessed the kids are to have you for their teacher!
ReplyDelete