Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Biggest Loser

So this morning I did something a bit craaazy.  I registered for The Biggest Loser Half Marathon in Seattle!  I've only ever run 5k's and those are too easy because I can walk 3.1 miles faster than most people can run them.  So in order to give myself incentive to actually train for something I chose a distance that I would never ever do.  13.1 miles sounded about right.  haha  I had a couple of reasons for choosing a race sponsored by The Biggest Loser. 

1.  I love their show.
2.  They have the most freebies associated with the race..."free" shirt, backpack, race day photos, etc. 
3.  They have a 5 HOUR time limit for finishing the race.  (That equates to a 22 minute mile.  haha)
4.  It's a fun race and not competitive.
5.  Did I mention you get "free" stuff?!?  ;-)

Hopefully I don't end up walking the whole thing.  I'm kind of excited about it even though I really don't enjoy distance running.  I get bored easily.  Wish me luck! 


No comments:

Post a Comment