Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Last Bahrt Wedding

Last weekend was busy busy busy.  Honestly I can't say that I'd like to recreate 28 hours of driving with only 25 hours of "resting" in the middle anytime soon.  However, the memories created as a result of the road trip are priceless.

Friday early morning we left Olympia in our lovely 'rental' car.  Reed, Dad, and I settled in for the long haul to Utah.  We took two hour shifts of driving and took ten minute walking breaks at each change of shift.  It went really well and traffic was great all the way through.  We were all thoroughly exhausted so whoever wasn't driving ended up sleeping.  There were a lot of snores and sleep twitches.  When we arrived in Utah, we were accidentally locked out of my sister's house so Reed and I took a walk around the neighbor and chatted.  It was so peaceful and wonderful to be with my hubby after a long week of him being at scout camp.

When family arrived again we were all punch drunk tired so we had a great time laughing over crazy stories and random things.  Jeanne's father-in-law had ensured we had mattresses so we would be comfortable.  Reed slept like a log but I was busy sleepwalking all night (as I usually do when I am in a different location).

We all woke up early and it was so nice to sit in the living room with two of my sisters while we all did our hair and makeup. Dad made sure to give us a teaching moment while we were all gathered.  He taught that all of us girls are now grown and have our own households and we need to be sure to not compare but rather to treat each other as peers.  I liked that a lot!

At the temple we met Kandace's in-laws and they are quite nice!  We also met up with Adrienne and Rebekah and Tommy.  I miss those people!  In the sealing room we all sat down and I looked up at the chandelier and realized that I was about to cry.  So I got myself tissue and then all of my sisters decided that it was a good idea too. Good thing we got ready because all of us cried through the sealing.  It was very beautiful and Kandace and Ken looked radiant.  Afterwards the sealer looked at me all red-faced and hiccuping while clinging to Reed and he asked "Newlyweds?" and I thought that was cool.

We took pictures outside the temple and then went to lunch at Magleby's where Adrienne and Daddy made me cry again with their toasts.  The food was good....to be quite honest I could have gotten quite fat off of their delicious breadsticks.  YUMM!   Kandace and Ken showed us their apartment and it is ginormous and super cute.  They will be comfortable and happy there.  Personally, I had major jealousy issues over the kitchen!  haha

Back at Jeanne's house we had a few hours before the reception so we all changed into comfy clothes and I laid down on the floor next to Rebekah and we chatted for a few hours.  Really us girls have never been too elaborate in what we do together.  As long as we can talk then we don't need anything else!  Kayden and Kaitlyn had a lot of fun playing with Reed.  The kids were constantly arguing about who would get to decide on what to play so Reed suggested they flip a coin.  It was funny when all the coin tosses went to Kaitlyn.  They would flip different things and pick different sides but she always won.

The reception was very nice.  I spent some time talking with my cousins from the Pappas family and then with the Compton and Washburn group.  It was such a relief to have people there that we know and like!  Plus the food was good. We ate banana cream pie and pulled pork sliders.  YUM again!  Afterwards we bid adieu to the happy couple and went home.

Early the next morning we left for Olympia and made it back safely in good timing.  Now we just need everything to get back to normal!  :-)

PS.  Pictures in the next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment