Saturday, September 14, 2013

Would You Like To Buy A Dandelion?

I am a huuuuuge sucker.  Let me explain...

Today we walked to Thriftway to rent a movie.  Well, as we approached the entryway this adorable little Boy Scout of about ten years of age approached us and asked politely if we wanted to purchase some popcorn.  We said no thank you and then this look of disappointment crosses his face but he smiles waveringly and tells Reed "hey, I like your shirt" (Reed was wearing the famous Twinkie shirt).  I almost stopped right there so I could buy the entire dang table of popcorn...all because of that kid!!!

I am such a sucker for adorable children selling things.  Like girl scouts and cookies...they look up at you with that look of disappointment if you don't buy their thin mints.  I'm pretty sure that if a street urchin were to approach me and ask if I wanted to buy a freshly picked dandelion for ten dollars then I would melt into a puddle and buy a handful.  How can you say no?!? 

So if you're trying to sell me something then I will be totally rigid and unmoving when I say no...but if you throw your sweet child at me with the same product then you can be sure that I'm going to be all "oh my goodness, how cute, we should buy everything, and then tip them, and then pre-order another batch".  ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment