Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday Update: Plague, Pizza and Pictures

Hello friends,

Time for another Jacobsen family update...I know, exciting.  ;-)

So this week was a bit different.  I got super duper sick with something that I have never had before.  I consulted with my physician (a Dr. Echols) and she was thinking it's some mosquito-borne illness called chikungunya.  So I moaned and groaned on the couch for a few days.  Meanwhile my amazing husband/nurse took care of me by watching movies with me, washing dishes and purchasing medicine in the form of creamsicles and doughnuts.  Funny story: apparently when you're of childbearing age everybody thinks you're pregnant whenever you're sick.  BUT the day before I got sick we had actually tested all of our lab equipment at the surgery center and I was the lucky one to pee on a stick so I had solid hospital grade verification that I was not, in fact, with child.  haha 

Reed got to have a great time yesterday.  He went with the church youth group to the temple in St. George.  He got to help a lot by driving the van and doing a lot of the temple work.  Afterwards they all had pizza and enjoyed random conversations.  Reed texted me throughout the day and told me that two of the boys were really praying for me to get better because they were afraid I'd call them and ask them to play the organ in church.  haha

The great car search saga continues.  We got a car inspected by a mechanic and the results were not super good and not super bad so we followed the mechanic's advice and walked away.  It was hard to do that because we really really want this to be over!  So the next day we prayed and asked that we be given a for sure 100% certain answer over whether we should still consider that car or not.  Immediately after finishing the prayer I asked if we could go see one last car near our house.  We did and as we were inspecting that car we both got the distinct impression that the other car was a dud.  We don't know yet if the most recent car is the right one but it served as an answer to our prayer.  Now we just need to get it inspected by our pro and move forward in an educated manner. 

One of the highlights of my week was when my sweet friend from CMC texted me a picture of two of my co-workers at lunch that day.  I was feeling particularly low that day and that picture made me laugh out loud and it boosted my spirits so much!  It's just too bad that we can't just take all of our favorite people with us whenever we move.  *sigh*  Thank goodness for social media that allows us to all keep in touch a little bit easier. 

Anyway, I better go take a nap...I've got to be better by Monday so that I can return to work.  Keep being awesome.  :-D

PS. If you're looking for a really really funny movie, watch Parental Guidance.  It's pretty much the best.  haha



No comments:

Post a Comment