UGH! We have a new schedule at church....instead of being from 9am-12pm like it has been for the last 16 years of my life, we are scheduled from 1pm-4pm. I say again, UGH! Buuuuut in an effort to have a better attitude I'm focusing on the fact that I'll get more time for writing and also for doing my hair all pretty before I go into public. haha
This week was good. New Years Eve was a rockin' party. If by rockin' party you mean we ate a nice dinner of mac and cheese with fried chicken and then went to bed at 9pm. Whooo! haha We realized that our current strategy of NYE was a little boring so we've got some ideas for next year. We did set a few resolutions that seem perfectly obtainable so that will be exciting. One of my goals this year is to start doing yoga. Hopefully it will help me de-stress and improve my sleep.
Reed's dad is back in the hospital so we've been spending some time there most days. It's been adventurous seeing so many different hospitals and how they do things. Overall we've been pleased with the care at all places. Reed's dad is improving now and so they're planning to discharge him soon so that he can participate in a clinical trial of chemotherapy. He is really looking forward to getting back on the treatment route.
Reed has been having a lot of fun playing ball with a few friends here. They all have flexible schedules so they're able to go to the park and throw baseballs, kick soccer balls, punch volleyballs, etc. during the day when it's nice out. His friends are very nice and good guys and it's good to see him out and about with buddies. Reed's job keeps him inside and staring at a computer all day long and I'm a firm believer that some social interaction is essential to overall well-being.
I better get going and prep our crockpot meal....chicken, cream cheese and salsa topped with sour cream, cheese, rice, and more salsa. (I'm going to be relying on crockpots heavily with this new church schedule!)
We hope you all have a great week!
Love, The Jacobsens
No comments:
Post a Comment