Monday, April 27, 2015

An Assortment of Pictures

I finally grabbed some pictures off of Reed's phone...

We really liked some of the wall hangings that Reed's sister has for her daughters.   This is why I can't go into Hobby Lobby....because there's a bajillion of these there and I would buy every single one.  The freckles one reminded us of my sister, Rebekah.  :-)

On a blustery day here, we walked over to the mailboxes.  As we passed the pool we noticed something floating in the water.  Two duckies decided to make a date of swimming in our pool!  They were really content and enjoying the warm water while the cold breeze blew.


We really liked this row of cherry trees blossoming in our local park.  The trees bloom really early here and give everybody else allergies.  I loved seeing the blossoms though...it reminded me of spring in Washington!


My sweet co-worker asked Reed for help with her sons' pinewood derby car.  He took it from a red block all the way to this masterpiece pictured below.  He found out her son's favorite hockey team/player then used that as a theme for the car.  Then he spent all day sawing, sanding, and painting.  We were all thrilled with how it turned out! 


We babysat our friends' kids for a few days and decided to really tire them out.  So we took them to the park and ran around for a few hours.  The little boy and I chased pigeons, played hide-and-seek, and tried to conquer our fears of some of the big slides.  The little girl dragged Reed around to all the big slides.  She wasn't afraid of anything as long as Reed went with her.  Here they are coming out of the big slide that they almost got stuck in.  :-)  It was a fun day!




Another little funny story from our babysitting adventures....the little girl loves to put shoes on people.  She's obsessed with shoes!  So she spent probably ten minutes trying to jam her sandals onto Reed's feet and could not figure out why she couldn't get the shoes past his big toe.  She tried everything and it just would not work. haha  She was very confused by that. 

1 comment:

  1. I think Reed has found his new calling...race car designer! :)

    ReplyDelete