![]() |
| A little throwback to THREE years ago! |
We've had a good and busy week. Reed is making huge strides in his marketing work and it's exciting to watch. He's utilizing new strategies that we've both discussed and agreed upon. Now it's just a matter of implementation and it's going really well. So that work has been taking up the majority of his time. Although he did get to go to Lake Mead yesterday with the scout group that he's with. They had a great time on the boat doing whatever it is you do on a boat....I do know Reed came back sore and tired from tubing and such. It was hilarious when Reed was eating his Subway sandwich for dinner after he got home from the lake and he goes "I don't know if I'm just not hungry or if I'm too tired to eat". haha
Our weekend started off with a fun competition to solve a major world issue.....a Grilled Cheese Sandwich Cook-Off. For a few months now, we have been debating with our friends Liz and Alayne over what the best cheese is. I'm personally biased towards Tillamook (you can't be raised an hour away from the Tillamook Cheese Factory and not be a huge fan) and they're biased towards Land O' Lakes. Finally Alayne and I decided that a cook-off was the only way to solve the issue. We made identical sandwiches with cheeses being the only difference. Then everybody closed their eyes and took a bite out of each and then held up their favorite. It was a dead-even tie because Reed couldn't tell the difference and voted for both. haha But then Alayne made a sandwich that had both cheeses on it and we all agreed that both cheeses together made for the best sandwich of all time. :-)
My work went pretty well this week.....it was a fairly quiet week but it was punctuated with fabulous news. We passed our accreditation inspection! After all the work that went into preparing for the inspection and then dealing with the aftermath, it felt good to know that our efforts weren't in vain. Now things are going to get extremely busy and we are all jazzed about that. Happy day!
Even though I could probably write a lot more, I've gotta go do my hair before visiting teaching and church. So, I hope everyone has a lovely week and enjoys Cinco De Mayo....tortillas and pinatas
for everyone! :-)
Love, The Jacobsens

No comments:
Post a Comment