Sunday, May 17, 2015

Weekly Update

Happy May 17th!  Fun Fact about this week:  On the 14th is Paraguayan Independence Day and on the 15th is Paraguayan Mother's Day!  (I hope I got those days correct haha)  I have a co-worker from Paraguay and she taught me those fun facts.  :-) 
Words to live by

We've been busy kids....I think it's only going to get worse as summer comes along.  My work has been a little on the quiet side so I had a few extra hours at home which resulted in a sparkling kitchen and way too much recreational baking.  Reed has had quite a few good breakthroughs with his work and he's moving closer and closer to his goals.









This pic isn't from the party....it still works though
On Saturday we were invited to our friend's daughter's 2nd birthday.  It was an adorable outdoor party with glittery mason jar centerpieces, delicious food, and lots of friends.  While I chatted with friends, Reed spent the whole time playing tag, monsters, and hide and seek with his adoring fans.  The birthday girl clung to his arm the whole time.  I'm pretty sure she has a big crush on Reed. Later on, my friend sent me a message saying that her son (the birthday girl's brother) told her that "today was the best party ever" and when she asked him what the best part was, he said "when Reed chased me and played monsters".  That was the sweetest thing ever! 

I took my first steps into the wonderful world of cooking with food storage.  During my formative years, I witnessed Mom grinding wheat to make bread and utilizing all kinds of dried food storage goodies to enhance all kinds of meals.  I remember Mom and Dad 'dragging' us to the emergency preparedness store to ogle over all the products there.  Those trips were soooo boring....once the supply of sample foods ran out.  Now, years later, I'm all of a sudden super obsessed with food storage and emergency preparedness!  We signed up for a monthly delivery of food storage from Thrive and this week we got our first shipment!  They had a cookie mix in there so I made it.  Mmmm, those cookies turned out so good!  Next, I'm going to make spaghetti with the tomato sauce powder, spices, and vegetables in the shipment. 


Oh, our washer broke!  On Monday I walked into our laundry room to find a small flood.  Apparently, 'tis the season for broken washers because like four other people on Facebook were mentioning similar problems.  We called our maintenance team and they sent in a guy super quick. They decided that it was more cost effective to replace the entire washer.  So a few days later, we got a new washer installed!  It is Uh-Mazing! I spent a couple of days just looking at it because it was so pretty and shiny.  Then I decided to do a load of laundry.  Even more amazing!  It's so quiet and fast! 

We had game night with Andrew and Robin this week.  After eating pizza, watching Geek & Sundry YouTube videos, and talking about care-giving horror stories, we proceeded to play a game called Lords of Vegas.  Basically, you're working to control property on The Strip.  It was way fun!  Reed, through a combination of strategy and beginner's luck, ran away with the victory. The game really captured the essence of Vegas...where enough money can buy you anything but a bad roll of the die can put you in major trouble.  We really enjoy spending time with Andrew and Robin! 

Now, I'm lip syncing to the entire soundtrack of Beauty and the Beast while Reed pretends to not be weirded out by my skills.  haha  I hope everybody has a lovely Sunday and a great week.  We love you all!

<3 The Jacobsens

No comments:

Post a Comment