After Reed became available to the world again he asked me out on a date. He told me that he wanted to ask me out and Valentine's Day was very soon. He figured we would treat it like just another day and not worry about the Valentine's Day aspect of it. All I wanted was to be on a date with the man of my dreams! So I agreed and the anxious stomach issues started. For the next few days I could hardly eat and all I could think about was our upcoming date. We had agreed to dress nicely and then we would go to Fred Meyer and get pizza fixings. The plan was to assemble the pizza and eat it together.The day of the date I spent the afternoon doing my hair, getting beautimified and anxiously awaiting his arrival. Finally at 5:00, Reed drove up in his big huge truck. He came up to the door and gave me a huge hug. The second I saw his smile then I wasn't nervous anymore...just so excited!!!! We were finally on a date!
We drove to Fred Meyer (this was my first time seeing his big Dodge Ram 1500 truck named Samson) and walked around gathering pizza supplies. Fred Meyer does not know how to arrange their shops and it took forever to find stuff. It was so much fun though because we were together and finally on a date! This was the first time we'd ever been alone together....previously we made sure that Kandace or a bunch of other people were around us at all times. As we walked through the store he offered me his arm and I held on.
Back at the Tumwater House (the house owned by our branch president and rented by a few of the guys in the singles branch) we assembled the pizza. I didn't usually cook and I was glad for the instructions on the back of the pizza crust. While the pizza was cooking we set the table and cleaned the kitchen together. We never stopped talking through the whole evening....we shared stories, told jokes, and just had fun. The thing I noticed about this date was that it felt familiar. It was our first date, I'd never had a pizza cooking date before, and nothing about it was something that had been done but it all felt perfect and like we were comfortable together.
As we ate our pizza we discovered that we had left the 'stay-fresh silicone packet' on the bottom of the pizza! Something had to make our perfect pizza imperfect! Fortunately we discovered our goof BEFORE we ate it.
After dinner and dishes we talked with our good friend TJ Northcraft (one of the guys that lived in the house at the time). He's a nice guy who is a good friend and we were happy to see him. Then Reed and I sat on the broken down green couch in the living room and picked a movie to watch. The movie is an animated show called 'The Missing Lynx" and it looked like a Dreamworks style movie. Well, we didn't watch a single minute of it! We spent the whole time talking! Reed has always been a very busy and adventurous man and his stories are like out of a movie. He's also had a lot of life experiences that have helped him learn a lot about himself. I've had some unique experiences in my life and I love to chatter. So we filled up the rest of the evening with conversation. When the movie was done we noticed that the closing credits were in spanish....so we rewound the movie to see if the whole movie had been in spanish. That's how much we paid attention to the movie! =)
Around 10:30 we headed to my house. This was the first year that Rebekah, Kandace and I had all had Valentine's Day dates! (In past years somebody had always been left out) So we all sat around and shared the stories of our dates....then we got couples pictures. Around midnight Reed gave me a huge hug and went home. I stayed awake for a few hours afterwards and thought about the night and how perfect it had been. Oh how I hoped for many more dates with Reed!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment