The sealing clearance application was finally submitted on Tuesday! Now we wait. The whole process took much longer than expected (we were hoping to have it submitted two months ago) but now our part is done. The application is making the journey to Salt Lake City where the First Presidency is faced with making the decision to grant us clearance or not. We've asked a lot of people with experience in sealing clearance's and we figure that it may take approximately two months to get the clearance back. However that is only an estimate and we are settling in for the long haul...one couple we know of waited over a year for their clearance! As soon as the sealing clearance comes through then we will pick a date, schedule it with the temple and then notify all our family members of the official date. The wedding date will be a month after we get the official clearance. So that will be one month for everyone to get their plans in order.
I have officially started the process of going to the temple for my endowments! I had my first interview and my bishop is very happy that we will be working on this process while waiting for the clearance. My endowment date will be as soon as possible although I will be consulting with the stake president to find the ideal date. Personally I cannot wait to finally go through the temple! It's one of those things that I've been preparing for my whole life and this is a very special thing for me. And it feels even more special that I get to go through for the first time with my future husband! =)My wedding dress is now in my possession!!! I would post a picture but Reed has access to this blog so I can't do that. haha It's gorgeous though! And it fits 100% perfectly. Trying it on was nerve wracking because I was sure it would be a poor fit somewhere but apparently the China-man that sent it to me really knows his dresses. You see, I bought the dress off of eBay without having tried it on first. The original dress was quite expensive here in the states but then Mom found it for 1/8 of the price on eBay. I figured I could take a risk with that small amount of money. It paid off quite nicely! So at this point all we need to do is get Reed his tie and we'll be set with our outfits. Yay!
So, that's all we know right now. It's difficult making any plans at all because we have no idea when we will be getting married. People ask for estimates and are baffled when we don't even know the month. However we are practicing patience and making the best of a sometimes frustrating situation. Heavenly Father is watching out for us and we know that we will be learning and growing throughout this experience. So be patient with us and we'll keep you updated as things happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment