Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I married the Cookie Monster

Some of Reed's favorite cookies (Oreo's not included) are no-bake cookies!  I'd never made no-bakes before and saw a recipe on Pinterest.  Well, by golly, it looked easy enough....so I ventured forth with haste to the local Safeway and acquired the supplies. 
Happy Reed

The process of making the cookies wasn't too terrible.  I did manage to spill an entire bottle of vanilla extract all over the oven so now our kitchen smells delightful.  When I looked at the cookie "dough" I decided that shaping cookies was not worth the effort.  So I lined a baking pan with foil and spread out the deliciousness and placed it in the fridge to set. 

After dinner was done I told Reed that he needed to go look at the surprise in the refrigerator.  When he peeked in the fridge a look came to his face that made me think he'd discovered a portal to Disneyland in our refrigerator.  Translation: He was Excited!!!!  :-) 

The cookies didn't last long.  We ate a lot of them.  Actually, we ate all of them.  Yum! 


No comments:

Post a Comment