Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bisphenol-A Free? Yum!

As a teacher in Primary I often feel quite secluded from the comings and goings of the Relief Society.  It doesn't help that on days of activities I feel more preference towards spending time with my heroic hubby.  :-)  Anyhoo, last night one of the sweetest women I know called and asked me if I'd be willing to bring dinner to a young couple in the ward the next day.  Since I had the day off I agreed.

My Helper and Food Taste Tester
We made lasagna roll-ups, spinach, garlic butter bread and homemade chocolate chip cookies.  The chocolate chip cookies even got the stamp of approval from the kids we were babysitting this afternoon so I figured they've gotta be quite good.  haha  I put the food in a big, shallow plastic dish that we bought from the Dollar Tree because we figure if people accidentally keep it then we won't be losing a treasured dish from the Corelle line or whatever.


Looks good enough to eat!
Anyway, the food got complimented by the couple we brought it to, Reed scarfed down the lasagna roll-ups and seemed content, and I had a nice happy feeling inside from doing something good.  And I'm hoping that they don't drum me out of Relief Society for putting the food in a plastic dish that could potentially leak chemicals into the food.  ;-) 

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog! Plastic is a winner, but more importantly.....you are a winner!!!!

    ReplyDelete