Saturday, April 6, 2013

General Conference Tradition

As a kid I loved the Saturday morning session of General Conference....Mom (or a highly trained older child) would get up early and make gigantic fluffy and delicious cinnamon rolls.  Frosted generously and served with a glass of orange juice, those delightful goodies were chomped as fast as any one could manage.  We'd spend the day lounging around feeling ill but oh so satisfied. 

Ever since then I have always considered cinnamon rolls to be the only appropriate meal for a session of General Conference.  My skills are not yet up to my mom's level but I found a recipe on the inter-web for a simple and easy recipe.  I asked Reed if he was up for an experimental breakfast and he affirmed that he was. 

So this morning I got up and prepared the cinnamon rolls.  I imitated my mom's way of spreading the dough and sprinkling the cinnamon sugar.  I also copied her way of using floss to cut the rolls into perfectly sized chunks. 

A half hour later, Reed and I settled down to our delicious breakfast.  Reed ate FOUR rolls!  I'd say the adventure was a success....I love opportunities to increase my homemaking skills and to make my hero happy.  :-)

1 comment: