10 months and 26 days after our marriage I sat down and began writing thank you notes. Out of curiosity and validation I looked up the Emily Post etiquette webpage. The first think I see is this quotation.... "Contrary to popular myth, the happy couple does not have a year’s grace period".
Ohhh poop. Well, now I feel bad. But then my mind leaps into justification mode (it does that really well) and says "better late than never" and so I'm hoping that our friends and family have that same attitude or that they are still under the impression that brides have a one year grace period for writing thank you notes.
If you can find it in your heart to forgive me for sending out thank-you notes so late then I beg of you to please forgive freely and remind your friends to do the same. This bride has learned her lesson and hangs her head in penitence. And Reed is innocent in this crime of etiquette. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment