I'm taking a quick break from last minute packing....I despise the last minute stuff. We're worried that not everything will fit in the trailer, truck, and Vuong but only time will tell. So, in the meantime we are just moving right along.

We had a nice day at church and at the Bahrtzoo. I kept crying whenever kids that I used to babysit would come up to say goodbye. Fortunately, Reed was very good at helping me to keep calm because every time I got sad, I looked over at me and he would wink and I would think to myself "everything will be alright, he's coming with me!". My primary kids were super sweet and gave me handmade cards and were especially well-behaved. Reed felt bummed to say goodbye to the young men's group that he's been working with. They're such a good group of guys and it will be fun keeping tabs on them as they get older.

Our afternoon at the Bahrtzoo was very pleasant. Kandace is in town and we had a great time talking and laughing. Michael and his family also came over and they brought delicious smoked turkey boobs. Yum! Mom made her delicious rolls and Daddy had fun telling us about all the trouble he caused at church. (He really doesn't cause trouble. haha) After dinner, Mom read us children's books from our childhood (Mabel the Whale and Curious George Goes To The Hospital) and we looked through old photo albums.

We also did some personal visits with a few of the families that we will miss the most. Reed has an uncanny ability to make friends with everybody of every age and there was a little boy who we knew would be extremely sad if we didn't say goodbye. We brought him a balloon and he showed us his new baby kittens. Then we dropped by a family that we have done a few long-term babysitting jobs for. Three of the nicest, most well-behaved children we've ever met! We will miss all of our friends here!!!
And now, here we are packing. Poor Reed is feeling like poop because he just started into another cold. :-(
No comments:
Post a Comment