It's Sunday again and we're waiting for the crockpot meal to finish cooking and the US v Portugal game to start. :-) Reed must be so conflicted on which team to root for seeing as he spent some time in Portugal for his mission. Just kidding...there is no doubt that he's rooting for US.
Anyway, things have been moving right along. We reached our one month anniversary of living here in Vegas. It's been a busy month full of tons of learning experiences and we are happy to have started finding a routine again. I'm like a five year old...I need routine! haha We have definitely discovered that when I am bored is when I get all surly and depressed. So this week we went to the library and I got some books to read. We also have been working on my swimming skills every afternoon. I seriously swim like a drowning cat! haha Reed swims like a shark. He'll swim the length of the pool without surfacing and then pop up somewhere. In addition to that we also take a bike ride every evening after the sun has gone down. I'm actually getting pretty good about knowing the immediate area thanks to those bike rides.
Work has been moving right along. I'm so so so bored of office work though! We passed the building inspection and fire department inspections so we have permission to occupy the building. This means we have spent the last three days attempting to get the wi-fi and computers to work. Reed makes me look super smart because he'll show me how to do things and then I'll show my co-workers how to do the same things. I have worked a lot on preparing orders for supplies, creating documents and spreadsheets, and making a lot of phone calls and sending emails. I feel like I do nothing. But soon we will be opening the center and I cannot wait!
Reed is so good with helping me adjust to life here in Vegas. In addition he has done a ton of work on making sure our insurances are taken care of, utilities are set up, and household things are taken care of. He also works very hard on work for his clients and work on his stock market strategies. One of his friends came over for some marketing consulting on a business and Reed loved doing that. Marketing is one of his favorite functions although many people hire him for his website programming. Today we are enjoying some of the FIFA World Cup action...we haven't seen a smidge of it yet so we are enjoying it. We laugh because all of the soccer guys are major weanies who flop on the ground over the littlest foul. haha
Our new ward is really nice. I have gotten to know quite a few of the women and they are easy to talk to and are very welcoming. Today at church we had some cute kids sitting in front of us...the girl who is around a year old handed me a marker and some cardboard to color on. So I uncapped the marker to draw a smiley face and the cap was FULL of slobber which dribbled everywhere. haha Reed and I busted up laughing!
Anyway, that's about it for now. We miss everybody in Oly area very much....and we miss the milder summer weather! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment