Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Fathers Day

Pre-op at Affinity
This week was a good one....the first full week in our apartment.  We still like it.  haha  Work kept me busy and after Monday's building inspection then we should have permission to occupy the building!  It's so pretty inside and I am anxious to start taking care of patients.  Reed has been commuting to my work three times a day.  It's maybe 1/4 mile one-way so he walks me to work, comes back for my lunch break, and then comes to pick me up after work.  What a sweetie!  He got to tour Affinity Surgery Center and it was his first time in an OR.  He seemed impressed with the operating rooms.  Not many people get that kind of inside look without being somewhat anesthetized already.  ;-) 


Shaun and Me
On Saturday we went to the DMV and got our new Nevada drivers' licenses.  We only waited for 50 minutes and we were out of the building by 90 minutes.  A new speed record!  The man who took my ID photo said it was a good pic but honestly he said that to literally everybody and I'm positive I saw some people that are going to be very unhappy with their pictures.  We'll see how mine turns out.  Then I tried on scrubs at the uniform shop before we headed to a truck stop to meet my brother-in-law Shaun!  He was driving through on his way back to UT and stopped to say hello.  Yay! 

Lake Sahara (only two miles from our apartment)


Today was Fathers' Day and we went to church.  The bishop chatted with us about callings and said he wants to meet with us soon.  We also put in our membership transfer request so we'll be official members of the congregation soon.  Reed and I made new friends!  They moved into the ward about a week before us and they are very nice.  Their kids are super adorable too.  Then at home we had Reed's dad over for dinner.  I made spaghetti and green beans.  Nobody has gotten food poisoning off of it yet so I'm calling it a success.  haha  Afterwards, Reed and I went on a bike ride to see Lake Sahara.  It's a man-made lake about two miles away from us and holy cow are the homes around it fancy schmancy!  Now we're home and relaxing before the new week starts up again. 

This is how you clean the church floor

No comments:

Post a Comment