The writing bug stopped biting me pretty much the moment the weather hit 110 degrees. We were walking home from work today and it was so hot that I could even feel my feet burning on the pavement....and I was wearing actual shoes.
Anyway, things have been moving right along here. At work I've had some projects going on and today we received a big ol' shipment of medications! While my boss and I were putting them away we talked about how we feel like the center will be opening sooner rather than later. We still have a ton of things to do and a major important inspection to get through but we're moving along. Every night I dream about taking care of patients again and I can't wait! :-)
Reed has been working very hard. He has joined up with a pool cleaning team as their marketer and he's had a lot of work to do on their website and coming up with ideas to help their business grow. The team actually consists of some of his friends so it makes things even more fun. :-) Reed also has had to teach me a lot about computers because I constantly have questions about the computers at my work and he is a very good teacher!
We went car shopping last Saturday and it was surprisingly not as traumatizing as we thought it would be. We knew what kind of car we wanted and went to the dealership. Well, we got thiiiiis close to buying a Toyota Corolla and then the car salesman got super aggressive and pushy but we still felt okay about the car. As we were signing the last few papers to buy the car then the guy showed us the car inspection checklist and it turns out there were some vague issues with the "gaskets/seals" which turned out to be a big red flag and we walked away. We learned a ton and finished up the day with In N Out burgers....I LOVE THOSE BURGERS!!!! :-D We'll get a car soon but we're not in a huge hurry.
At church we have our new callings. Reed is working with the young men and he has already implemented weekly volleyball games. They had great turn out last night and Reed received lots of nice compliments about how quickly he has jumped into the program. I have the music calling and I've been able to play piano in primary (which was super fun) and in sacrament meeting (we have a nice organ!).
Reed and I have been swimming as often as possible and I think I'm making some improvements. I don't look too much like a drowning puppy anymore. haha There are lots of really nice people that we meet at the apartment pool...sometimes I just want to swim but it is definitely very nice to talk with so many nice and different people.
Anyway, we're watching The Internship so I better go pay attention. More later!
No comments:
Post a Comment