Sunday, March 22, 2015

Weekly Update: Brownies, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Baby Niece

Another Sunday rolls around and here I am....just pretend I didn't miss last week's post.  :-)

Truly the week wasn't too exciting but Thursday made up for all of that and then the whole week seemed exhausting.  Here's the scoop:  We've been working on getting Medicare certified for a long time at my work.  It's been on our minds since Day One really.  So we've been expecting our inspection for months now and it seemed like it would never happen.  My boss and I were just excited for it to happen so that we could all move on, fix any problems, and be done with it.  Well, early on Thursday morning my co-worker called and in my half awake daze I thought I heard her say that the patient was there early and I should come in.  So I walked into PACU and I see two women snooping around my PACU.  Alarm bells go off in my head and I say "hello, who are you guys?" and they're like "We're so and so from the accrediting organization" and I about crapped my pants.  So my quick and easy day at work went from a 6 hour day to a 12 hour day filled with prepping and recovering patients, answering questions from the inspectors, and finding information in the policy and procedure binders for them.  In the midst of all that, some of our patients had some very strong personality issues thanks to pre-op anxiety.  It made for an interesting day.  The inspectors were super professional and I was impressed with how organized they were.  Truly I was mostly just excited that they were finally there.  So when I got home after a 12 hour day with no lunch and all that stress, I headed straight to the pan of brownies and snarfed half of it.  Then Reed took me to Buffalo Wild Wings and we ate wings and watched March Madness.  We'll see how things went with the inspection once the final report comes out but I do know for certain that all of my co-workers performed admirably and each one played a key role in the process. 

Fun Fact:  Buffalo Wild Wings Boneless Wings taste even more amazing the next day when they're cold!

Reed has been busy working on his marketing and stock market work.  He's got some great goals that are very manageable and I see great things happening.  His sleep progress took a bit of a downward turn this week.  We had to turn on the A/C because I'm already roasting to death at night but the sound of the A/C kicking on wakes Reed up.  So we're working out a system so that he can get back to good sleeping patterns. He also got to hang out with his brothers yesterday.  They spent a few hours chatting, going over some things and watching Guardians of the Galaxy.  It seemed like Reed really enjoyed that afternoon. 

Fun Fact:  It's 80 degrees almost every day now.  And it's only March.  Spring here is like Summer in WA. 

While Reed was hanging with his brothers I decided to spend the day shopping.  Some days a girl just wants to browse some stores!  So I drove all over the place and went to whatever random store popped into my mind.  I ended up doubling back on my routes a lot and getting lost in Summerlin for a few minutes but it was great fun and very spontaneous.  The highlight of the whole trip was when I went to Hobby Lobby.  There's one about two miles from our apartment and I've never actually been to one.  OH MY GOODNESS!!!!  It's amazing there!  I spent an entire hour in there and I'm pretty sure I could easily blow a million dollars in there.  Words can't even describe my feelings while I was in there.  When Reed and I buy a house, I'm going to have to give myself a Hobby Lobby budget otherwise I'm going to go out of control crazy in there buying stuff to prett-ify our house.  haha

The big highlight since I last wrote is that my sister had her baby!!!!  Not to be confused with another sister that had her baby a few weeks ago.  :-)  Baby was overdue but labor progressed smoothly enough and Bek managed to push the little one out naturally.  Wow!  I'm very impressed with how quickly she and Tommy have embraced parenthood.  I can't wait to meet little Tesla! <3

So that's pretty much it for now.  We hope everybody has a lovely Sunday.  :-)

<3 The Jacobsens

1 comment:

  1. Love your post! Love the pic! And I agree, brownies can solve just about anything! Maybe even world peace! :)

    ReplyDelete